Sunday, January 8, 2012

hime speaks: Togainu no Chi

Alternative Title: Blood of the Reprimanded Dog
Type: 12-episode TV series
Status: Finished Airing
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Picture Magic
Genres: Action , Sci-Fi, Shounen Ai



Synopsis:  
After being devastated in the third World War (known as The Third Division), Japan was divided in two. Several years after the end of the war, a crime organization called Vischio has taken control of the destroyed city of Toshima (formerly Tokyo, Japan's capital city), where they are holding a battle game known as "Igura". The main character, a young man named Akira, is falsely accused of a crime. Once arrested, a mysterious woman appears before him, offering him freedom if he agrees to participate in Igura and defeat Igura's strongest man: the king, or "Il-re". The story follows Akira's life in the harsh, lawless Toshima as he fights both to survive and to unravel the mysteries developing around him. -Wikipedia


My Take:
I don't know you people but this show is one great disappointment. Truthfully, it was a waste of time to even watch this animated series, and even more of a waste of a time to download. What makes it suck? Well, I guess I would have to say it's the animation at first. The characters were very awkward when they did the fighting scenes, especially the fight scene of the climax: it was really jaw dropping-ly... I really can't find the right adjective for it. It was just too shocking to see a lot of camera-panning to the sky when the voice actors were doing their part. Cost-cutting, maybe?

Next, I would have to say the plot of the anime also sucks. I was kind of surprised that the story wasn't that great, yet the manga has a very high score rating. I read other reviews prior to making mine and all of them had one thing to say about the plot: it was all screwed up. "Clusterfuck" to be precise. I guess that explains everything.

On the plus side, the story progression of the manga and its character development seem to be pretty good. I don't have any intentions on reading the manga, though. I'm not that interested enough and frankly, I don't think I'll have the time to read it just to compare both materials.

I'd like to say that the artwork isn't that appealing as well, but maybe that's just me. You also have to keep in mind that the setting of this series is very dark, so I guess you have to make the art a bit rough.

I apologize to the people who like this anime since I completely dissed this off. Personally, I would advice anyone to stay away from this title and avoid it as much as possible. If you really are curious to what I'm talking about, then go ahead. I would encourage you to read the manga instead to give this title greater justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you so please do tell us what you think! ^_^ Unfortunately, comments will be moderated regularly so spam and rude comments will have to be removed.